Sunday, October 18, 2009

Top 4 technology needs..............................

Mr. Sparrgrove asked me this week, what are the top 4 technology needs for school administrators. It made me really think about what I use to help make me more effective. My list was quite simple: a land line phone, a computer, a lap top, and a camera. I told him if I could add a 5th it would be a walkie talkie. My motivation behind most of them was ability to communicate, document, and ensure safety. I have shared my thoughts with Mr. Sparrgrove several times that I fear that technology has moved us away from person to person interactions, which I feel is a huge part of my daily life. How often have you written an email or received and email and you just aren't sure how the other person wanted those words to sound? While I love technology, I encourage everyone to take some time to think about his question. I know that successful principals conducted business with very little technology, but were they more efficient? or did they have better relationships? or is it both?