Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow, snow, and then more snow.....oh wait

I have to honestly say that I don't know that I have seen snow happen like this in my lifetime. Growing up in the Midwest, you just get used to snow - from November to at least March, there is always a chance of snow and more than likely, some on the ground. Getting 4-6 inches only adds to what you already have on the ground - not really a big deal. However, over the past couple of months, the DC area has experienced 3 blizzards. While I think everyone is tired of digging out and shoveling, there is an upside to all of this madness. How many of you have caught up on necessary tasks? How many have spent more quality time with your loved ones than you ever thought you would? So in the grand scheme of things, we will continue to marvel at what mother nature has given us, but let's focus on this gift of time.